Fun Day will kick off our season Friday, January 9th. Our Gang will begin setting tracks at 9am, so Registration will not open until 11am when tracks have been completed. We try to have 2 or 3 tracks open for most of the day. If we hit 200 entrants, Registration will close for the day. We will close the ice around 3:30pm, so the volunteers working can get in their practice before sunset.
To register for practice you need to:
1. Pass the annual race tech inspection ($10 per vehicle) or if you only want to come for Play Day, you will have to pass a basic safety inspection ($5 per vehicle).
2. Sign our waiver and fill out a Registration sheet.
3. Show your Driver’s License. Dates must be valid, please check your expiration dates!
4. Show your proof of insurance. (Again, check the dates on your insurance cards to make sure they’re current!)
5. Bring CASH to pay fees. Entry to practice is $20 per driver. Race tech inspections are $10 per vehicle or Fun Day Only inspections are $5 per vehicle.
The rules are pretty simple:
1. Make sure your vehicle is compliant BEFORE showing up at Georgetown. 4 wheel drive or all wheel drive full size vehicles only. No UTVs, ATVs, motorcycles, snowmobiles, etc. Practice is only open to bare rubber tires or studded tires. Tires with screws, bolts or studs longer than 20mm are prohibited. Vehicles cannot have any fluid leaks, must be able to steer, brake and stop safely and must have any applicable safety equipment.
2. Leave the track the way you found it. If you hit a cone during your practice heat, replace it before the next pair goes onto the ice. Anyone purposely hitting cones or destroying tracks will be asked to leave without a refund.
3. Be respectful to the other drivers. Each practice heat is one lap. Do not cut the staging lines, wait your turn. We have a studded tire only track, if you don’t have studded tires, please stay off this track.
4. All drivers and passengers must wear a seat belt at all time. Studded tire entries must have a helmet for driver and passenger.
5. No donuts, drifting or speeding off track. When driving through the parking lots, pits and between tracks you should be at an idle speed. Please pay attention where you are driving; do not cross active tracks, stay away from the outside of corners and out of the path of those racing. Anyone driving recklessly will be asked to leave without a refund.
You should only be driving on track, staging or between tracks. Anyone who enters the public boundary or any part of the ice that is not open to driving will be asked to leave immediately. This is a natural ice surface, not all areas are safe for driving.