We often have a lot of new people on Fun Days, so we like to share some Do’s and Don’ts. Most of our drivers have no issue controlling their vehicles and respecting the ice surface they are driving on.
- Do drive at idle speed when you’re not racing on the course. Anyone speeding, doing donuts, drifting, power sliding into staging or otherwise screwing around will be asked to leave. We have a lot of people and vehicles and their safety comes first.
- Do stay on our side of the lake (marked by cones on the West side) and don’t drive off on your own. There are springs, ice fishing holes and other hazards around the ice, so it’s best to stay where we have the marked course and staging lines.
- Do pay attention to what you are doing. Don’t drive across tracks, park on the outside of a corner. Drivers should never have a cell phone in their hand, we will ask you to leave if you can’t pay attention.
- Do clean up after yourself. If you hit a cone during your practice lap – complete your lap and then return and replace the cone in the ice. If it is badly damaged, replace it with a new one form the center of the track.
- Do be respectful of the other drivers. Wait your turn in line, ask before cutting the line, take one lap and return to the end of the line and ask if you can ride before getting in someone’s passenger seat.
- Do respect our track equipment. Cones do take time and money to build. Anyone who is purposely hitting cones, driving over cones instead of moving them or letting equipment blow away will be asked to leave.
- Do wear your seatbelts all the time and Competition drivers and Pro Street studs drivers need to wear their helmets.