Our Gang is providing a Rally Studs class in 2020 as an exhibition class. Our hope is the class participants will try out several formats, tire types, vehicles and by the end of the season we will have recommendations from them for building a set of rules if there is enough interest to continue the class. We are looking for willing participants!
A FEW NOTES
- Please contact us if you have any questions PRIOR to arriving at the ice on race or practice day.
- Bryan Short of RM Autosports is a great local source for tires, he can source BlackRocket tires to suit your needs. Jeep drivers contact him for 15″ options.
- For the exhibition year we will not be tracking season points and individual classes will have awards based on entry and sponsorship levels.
- Drivers must meet all the same guidelines as outlined in our rule book.
- Drivers must register online, no day of registration will be allowed for this class.
- Drivers must complete a class survey after each race in order to be eligible to register the following week. These surveys will be used at our annual meeting for crafting rules for this class if it is kept as a permanent class.
- Drivers must provide a worker to flag the race.
The tires below are to be used “as is” and as sold by the manufacturer.
- Michelin NA, GE, C, G (with Swedish style studs, not Monte Carlo)
- Some of the above tires were also marketed as X-Ice North 3 and X-Ice North NA01
- ICE C11, ICE GA1, ICE GE1
- BR41, BR50, BR90, BR110, BR120
- Sottozero Ice, Sottozero Ice 1, WR3, WR5, WR6, WJ, J, J1, ASW1, ASW3, ASW4,
- DMG-ICE, DMG-ICE2, DMG-ICE3
- SR10, SR10W
- A040, A040S
- W77, B3, B5, W6, W6 version 2, W7, VRC10, VRC11, Grissly 12
- Max stud stud length is 20mm and stud protrusion from the tread can not exceed 7mm.
- Hand cutting or modification of the tread pattern is not permitted.
- Any chemical and/or mechanical treatment of tires is prohibited.
- The interior of the tire must be filled only with air.
- Any device designed to clamp the tire to the rim is not permitted (i.e. beadlock).
- If the tire you want to use is not specifically listed in the rules, you must contact club officials for
approval before racing with the tires.
- If the tires listed above lose a stud(s) while racing it is acceptable to replace the missing stud(s)
with a #10 AMA Kold Kutter screw or #12 Canadian Kold Kutter screw, inserted from the outside
with nylock or flanged nut on the inside.
- Due to the exhibition nature of this class. These guidelines are subject to change for safety reasons. We reserve the right to also consider the fairness of the class in whether we allow/disallow a vehicle modification, brake modification or enhancement during this season.
- Vehicles must be 4×4 or AWD vehicles as outlined in our rule book. No exceptions will be made.
- Vehicles must meet all requirements listed in Section 11 of our rule book.
- In addition, they must have a hard top or roll cage.
- At this time, we are not enforcing brake rules outside of that all 4 must be operable.
- Helmets are mandatory. Helmets must be at least DOT approved. A Snell rating is recommended.